Would you like to work in a collaborative environment where sharing knowledge and ideas is not only encouraged but expected? This is a unique, full-time opportunity for an individual with hands-on experience of DBA with AWS System Administration.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for creating, installing, and managing our databases. You will ensure optimal database performance by analyzing database issues and monitoring database performance.
- Manage MYSQL database changes and re-designs
- Analyze database issues and troubleshoot or configure the database accordingly
- Drive automation of code
- Monitor database performance to ensure high levels of security and speed
- Manage Mysql DB on AWS (Amazon Web Services) or equivalent Cloud platform
- Manage Apache Tomcat Application Server on Linux boxes.
- Tune queries and improves database performance.
- Set MySQL replications and optimize the performance of the reporting environment.
- Write complex SQL queries to support the application team and true bad performing queries.
- Investigate application response time issues. Provide solutions for performance improvements. Validate and test stored procedures before implementation in the production environment
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning issues with applications like MySQL and Java Applications on Linux box.
- Design and implement various backup and recovery strategies for heterogeneous environments and recovery of the database with no or minimal data loss.
- Understands data retention, backup policies, data migrations, data purging, and provides solutions to the issues coming up around those areas.
- Work closely with the application developers and Operations to ensure reliable database usage.
- Prepare documentations and specifications
- Manage HA and ensure that there is adequate IT capacity to meet required levels of service and advise on how to match capacity is optimized
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Technology, or a related field of study
- Proven knowledge of MY SQL Servers
- Experience working on AWS (Amazon Web Services) or equivalent Cloud platform
- Knowledge of AWS cloud services like EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, CloudFront, Route53, Cloud Watch and
- Experience in using Apache, Tomcat Application Server on Linux boxes.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills