Table of Contents
Here it is explained how to create a reusable template on eSignGenie.
It is highly recommended to use the PDF Template process as this process has been replaced by the PDF based template with advanced functionality.
You can watch this video or skip to the steps below
Steps to Create a Reusable Template
All the steps below assume you are logged in with an active account on eSignGenie.com
Convert a sample template to your template
- Go to the Sample Templates section in the Document Templates page from the Templates menu on the top menu bar.
- Click on any sample template to view its content and other details. If you want to use the template, remove the disclaimer on the top of the sample template.
- Click on ‘Save as’ and ‘My Template’ from the dropdown to save the sample as your own template and edit it according to your requirements.
Create a new template
- Create a new template by giving it a name, type and description (optional) in the pop-up dialog accessible via homepage or the Document Templates page.
- Add content by copy and paste from MS Word or by uploading the .doc or .docx file.
- It is very convenient to use a predefined signature box on the document. This avoids additional clicks to add signature fields during the collaboration process while sending documents. To add predefined signatures, remove the section created by copying and pasting, right click and select ‘Add Signature Box’. If you do not wish to use this option, you can drag and drop signature related fields on your document while sending the document for esignature.
- Define the number of columns, alignment of the columns and the name of the columns on the signature box.
- Click ‘Save’ or ‘Save As’ to create multiple versions.