Trevor Cornwell, Founder and CEO, appbackr inc., a Palo Alto-based Market Exchange for Apps. appbackr helps publishers and platforms identify the rights apps to optimize revenue. appbackr is a winner of the PayPal X Developer Challenge, an OnMobile 100 Company and an AlwaysOn 250 Company. Cornwell’s career has been spent developing and growing new enterprises in media and technology-based businesses deploying Internet technologies to provide content and streamline customer offerings. Most recently Cornwell developed video personalization software that produces customized video streams based on viewer behavior.
Earlier, he founded the business jet reservation network Skyjet, after determining that technology solutions for aggregating charter aircraft inventory would create market efficiencies. Skyjet was acquired by Bombardier, Inc.
Prior to forming Skyjet, Cornwell started several media companies in emerging markets, including CET Online, an early pioneer in Internet-distributed news.
Earlier in his career, Cornwell founded a not-for-profit organization, the National Service League, Inc., to aid in the transition to emerging democracies in Eastern Europe.
Cornwell has also served in positions of responsibility for political organizations, notably as Deputy Political Director for the U.S. Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee under the Chairmanship of then-Senator John F. Kerry. He also has held leadership positions with several U.S. political campaigns.
Born in New York City in 1964, Cornwell is a native of Hastings-on-Hudson, NY. A popular speaker at industry conferences and national business forums, he has been quoted extensively in the national business press. Cornwell has been featured or appeared in People magazine, Fortune Magazine, The New York Times, ABC News, MSNBC and Fox News. Cornwell received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Johns Hopkins University. He is married and has a daughter.
Ted Finch is one of the top channel and marketing experts in industry, having launched over 450 products into the channel for over 200 vendors (including Microsoft, HP, Adobe, Corel, Intel, Aldus, Epson, AOL, WordPerfect, Novel, Autodesk, Citrix, IBM, Western Digital, Sony, Disney, Lotus, DCA, Trusted Data, Netscape, iOmega, plus has consulted with over 170 Fortune 500, Mid-sized and start-ups including several storage software and hardware vendors).
Career Highlights Include:
1. Launched three back-to-back #1 bestsellers, including The American Online Membership Kit and Netscape Navigator, the #1 best-selling software product in the world at the time.
2. Annual growth at each company/division prior has been 610%, 280% and 490%.
3. As one of the 15 founders, helped grow a high-tech service company 2,300% while helping to launch over 400 successful products from over 150 vendors such as Microsoft, Lotus, Mitsubishi, Compaq, Intel, Word Perfect, HP, IBM, Sony, Aldus, Adobe, and Autodesk. The company now hires over 4,000 people and has executed over two million marketing promotions.
4. Successfully hired, trained and managed several marketing teams ranging in size from 17 to 51 people and two sales teams of over 300 people each.
5. Helped to start Red Storm Entertainment with noted author, Tom Clancy. The press event was held on the USS Nuclear Submarine, Cheyenne with ABC, NBC, CNN, Newsweek, etc.
6. Corporate transition experience includes: transforming a public company back to private, two separate acquisitions, two mergers and multiple rounds of financing within several private and public corporations.
7. Organizational adaptability. A Vice President at $130 billion dollar company, down to a new start-up. Can roll up sleeves and personally execute all aspects of marketing (a “hole” filler), or direct, motivate, train and lead large teams.
Specialties:Channel Marketing, Branding, Marketing Re-Boots, Sales, Sales and Marketing Training. Massive cross-industry “best practices” from consumer marketing to multi-million dollar technical systems.
19925 Stevens Creek Blvd, Suite 100
Cupertino, CA 95014