Foxit eSign Software may, with all its rights, revise or refine the “Terms of Service” without any direct notice to users and they agree to be bound by such changes. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment the current software product shall be subject to the Terms of Service.
Eligibility and Product Usage Criteria:
Users must be eighteen years of age or older to use the product. Author or sender of the document must ensure that the legal age limit complies with the state, federal or other local laws related to signing the documents. Users must provide accurate identification, contact and other details that are required during the registration process and later for continued use of the product. Users are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of account credentials and all the activities under that account. Foxit eSign Software reserves the right to refuse service to any user at any time without notice for any reason.
Users must comply with all local, state, regional, national, and international laws, rules and regulations. They shall not allow or encourage (directly or indirectly) any third party to use the product for any personal or commercial purpose. Violation of this may lead to immediate termination of user account and may subject user to state and federal penalties.
Intellectual Property Rights:
Foxit eSign Software owns all rights to the product including all intellectual property rights that are protected by U.S. and international intellectual property laws. Users must agree not to reproduce, modify, duplicate or create derivative versions from the original product. Users also must agree not to use any sort of robot, spider, other automated device, or manual process to monitor, manipulate or fetch any content from the product.
Users agree to indemnify Foxit eSign Software and all its stakeholders from and against any third party claim arising from or in any way related to their use of the product. The indemnification include any liability or expense arising from any claims, losses, suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorney fees among others. In such a scenario, a written notice will be sent to the users.
Free Trial and Special Offers for Foxit eSign:
– If you sign up for a free trial with Foxit eSign, you agree to receive communications regarding your trial account and other special offers from Foxit eSign.
– Foxit eSign reserves the right to suspend or cancel your free trial account if you use abusive language towards any of Foxit eSign’s employees (whether orally or in writing) or threaten to report or do report Foxit eSign’s communications as spam.
– The free trial of Foxit eSign may not include all features of Foxit eSign. The customer’s data may be permanently lost at the end of the trial period unless the customer either purchases an Foxit eSign subscription or Pay as You Go plan or exports such data before the end of the trial period.
Restrictions on Use:
By using Foxit eSign, you specifically agree not to engage in any activity that, in our sole discretion:
– Abuses the good intentions or trust of Foxit eSign in any way.
– Is illegal or violates any federal, state, or local statute, law or regulation.
– Is commercial in nature such as marketing, campaigning and advertising materials and also includes spamming, surveys, contests and pyramid schemes.
– Interferes with, disrupts, disables, overburdens, or destroys the functionality or use of any features of Foxit eSign or the servers or networks connected to Foxit eSign.
– Is harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, indecent, defamatory, sexually explicit or pornographic, discriminatory, vulgar, profane, obscene, libelous, hate speech, violent or inciting violence, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable in nature.
– Violates any third-party right, including, but not limited to, right of privacy, right of publicity, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
– Attempts to commit fraud by impersonating another person or entity or falsely states, misrepresents or hides your affiliation with another person or entity.
– Accesses or uses the account of another user without permission.
– Distributes computer viruses or other malicious code, harmful files, or programs that interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or electronic communications equipment.
– Hacks or access without permission our proprietary or confidential records, those of another user, or those of anyone else.
– Reverse engineers, decompiles, disassembles or any other attempts to obtain Foxit eSign source code.
– Damages, disables, removes or circumvents or otherwise interferes with any features including security that enforce limitations on the use of Foxit eSign.
– Uses any means including robots, automation or manual programming or measures to scrape lists of users or other information from Foxit eSign.
– Modifies, copies, scrapes or crawls, displays, publishes, licenses, sells, rents, leases, lends, transfers or otherwise commercialize any rights to Foxit eSign.
*** Foxit eSign reserves the right for whom to enable the bulk feature for such as a school or organization with an established membership. The bulk email feature is not meant for marketing or campaigning purposes. If Foxit eSign sees that the email undelivered rate is high, then Foxit eSign reserves the right to terminate the account so as not to overburden and/or blacklist our servers. Foxit eSign reserves the right to determine what is considered to be a high rate.***
If you are violating any of the above restrictions on usage, then Foxit eSign reserves the right to close your account immediately.
Auto-Renewal of Account:
The monthly and annual plans will be auto-renewed on the date the cycle ends unless 14 days advance notice is given by the customer to cancel or change the plan. Auto-renewal will be based on the current number of documents and users. Advance notice to cancel the plan is the responsibility of the customer. There will be NO REFUNDS issued after the auto-renewal goes through.
Cancellation of Account:
Users are solely responsible for closing their accounts. User can cancel his/her account anytime by writing to Foxit eSign support. There will be no refund of the advanced monthly payment of subscription fee if the account is cancelled in the middle of a month. There is no additional cancellation fee. For annual subscription, account can be cancelled with full refund within 14 days for first time customers provided the document usage does not exceed the monthly plan quota and there is a valid reason for cancellation.
Cancellation after 30 days from the date of signing up including free trial period will not be applicable for refund. If a refund is issued under special circumstances within the 30-day period, any usage and special services rendered to the customer (such as training and special support such as template building, etc.), will be deducted before refund calculation. Any card processing charges will also be deducted from the amount to be refunded.
The account and all the content related to the account are retained for 6 months after the cancellation is initiated by the user. Users will not be able to access any data or file after the termination of account. Account can be reactivated within 3 months to access the data and continue the subscription.
Before one registers with Foxit eSign, one must read and agree to this Terms of Service (ToS) by each and every point. By using the product, users agree to be bound by the ToS as long as they are using the product before terminating the service.