What Is a W-9 Form?
Blank W9 Form is used by companies throughout the U.S. to obtain taxpayer information from vendors, freelancers, contractors, and other parties with whom they do business with. Basic information like names, addresses, and social security numbers or tax id (TIN) numbers are collected on the Blank W9.
Generally, companies will collect W-9 forms prior to releasing payments. Then, at the end of the year, the paying company will issue a 1099 form to the vendor or contractor so they can file taxes accordingly with the IRS.
You can learn more about the benefits of e signature W9 Form here.
How to Complete a Blank W-9 Form Using Foxit eSign
Get the W-9 forms you need to be completed in as few clicks as possible. Simply email the link to your vendor or contractor, or direct them to the page to complete the information and signing process. Any signatures provided on this form are fully compliant with the IRS and can be used prior to issuing a 1099.
To Recap, Use this Blank W9 Form if you:
- Hire contractors or freelancers and plan to submit 1099s for taxes
- Are a freelancer or contractor and need to collect a 1099 to file taxes
W9 Form in Vendor Selection to Payment Process
How is the Blank W9 Form Online used?
- Obtain and maintain information to file and submit 1099
- Repeat this process for high turnover, or for hiring a lot of part-time employees or contractors
- Create an audit trail
- Reduce paperwork in current physically slow and heavy process
- Increase security of your forms and operation
Other names this form include:
- W-9 Form
- Form W-9
- IRS W9 Tax Form
By using these forms, you do not hold Foxit eSign or any of its affiliates liable in any way. You acknowledge that nothing on this site shall be considered legal advice and there is no attorney-client relationship established. All forms and processes used are at your discretion.