No matter what industry, IT managers all share the same essential important role – developing, implementing, and maintaining the information technology resources used by a company in order to benefit its employees, streamline productivity, and maximize profit. This is largely done through the use of software tools developed to help companies enhance and simplify the way they do business.
Electronic signatures are increasingly being implemented by IT managers to help their teams. In fact, according to Forbes and Business Insider, the electronic signature market is expected to grow to over 9 billion dollars by the end of 2023, indicating that electronic signatures are making a significant impact on how companies are handling their day-to-day and organizing their processes.
While eSigning is an important benefit for businesses, it’s essential that they are implemented in a workflow-based manner that is secure, easily managed, and user friendly. It’s important that IT managers identify ways in which the internal electronic signature process is automated, fluid, safe, and allows for quick onboarding. Below, we’ll take a look at 5 best practices for IT managers and admins to guide and optimize electronic signature usage.
#1: IT Managers Can Support Sales Personell by Automating Electronic Signing for Purchases
Electronic signatures are playing an important role in sales these days. With everything from online sales to increased usage of digital sales contracts, electronic signatures allow for purchase transactions to be approved and completed in a matter of seconds.
By embedding electronic signing directly into their company’s website, IT managers can effectively support sales efforts by allowing customers to complete sales quickly with legally binding electronic signatures. Making sales contracts digital and allowing for quick preparation, sending, and signing is also an excellent way for IT managers to support their company’s profit goals.
#2: Establish Usage Hierarchies for Better Management
Not everyone will use electronic signatures in the same way, or require the same access, within each company. It’s important that employee eSigning access roles and capabilities are clearly defined by IT managers and administrators. Be sure to set user and department-level security options to support who can see documents and which documents they can see; this is an important security step that ensures your company can keep user personal identifiable information (PII) for your customers safe and is often required for industry compliance efforts.
#3: Integrate and Connect the Apps Company Employees and Customers Already Use
IT managers are sure to be hailed as heroes when they can connect their company’s electronic signature usage with popular applications being used by their employees and customers. Electronic signature software, like Foxit eSign aka eSign Genie, features tons of native integrations PLUS it can be integrated with a few simple clicks by using platforms like Zapier.
Through insightful and fluid integrations, electronic signature users can easily save and store completed documents in the cloud for easy access, triggers can be set that allow for quick communication and action between CRM software and the electronic signature software, and much more!
#4: One of the Most Important Steps IT Managers Can Take Is Ensuring Security
Security is one of the most important elements that need to be considered when using electronic signatures. Signed documents must be securely stored and sent and visibility controls should be strictly enforced. IT managers should only select electronic signature software options that allow for diverse, encompassing security with features like:
- Dynamic 256-bit encryption
- Secure storage in trusted U.S. data centers
- Detailed auditing capabilities so signing can be monitored at all times
- Tamper evident and tamper-proof signing
- Full ESIGN and UETA compliance
- HIPAA compliance capabilities for those with mandated compliance
- SOC 2 Type 2 compliance and stringent following of the 5 trust service principles as developed by the AICPA
- Customizable visibility features that allow for strict control over who can see documents
#5: Clearly Outline Company Usage and Document Storage Policies
Consistency is key when it comes to implementing and using electronic signatures within a company. Upon implementing eSigning into company procedure, IT managers should work with each department to outline how and when electronic signatures are to be used. One of the easiest ways to do this is to incorporate electronic signature procedures into company manuals or standard operating procedures (SOPs).
Storage is also an integral part of electronic signature usage. Just as you would have a filing system in place for traditional wet ink documents, digital documents will need to be stored in a secure manner for future access. Determine where all documents are to be stored and establish access guidance and limitations. The filing process can even be automated to allow completed documents to automatically be saved in cloud storage solutions like Google Drive.
How Foxit eSign aka eSign Genie Can Help IT Managers with Electronic Signatures
When IT managers and administrators choose Foxit eSign aka eSign Genie, they’re placing a powerful tool in their pocket. Our electronic signature software solutions allow businesses to streamline their processes and maximize their profitability through intuitively designed features that support effective implementation and management.
So, why are more IT managers choosing Foxit eSign aka eSign Genie now?
- Foxit eSign aka eSign Genie provides cost-effective signing solutions that won’t break the bank.
- Foxit eSign aka eSign Genie is SOC 2 Type 2 compliant and fully ESIGN and UETA compliant. Plus, we offer compliance support for many other industry regulations such as FINRA, FERPA, HIPAA, 21 CFR Part 11, and more.
- Foxit eSign aka eSign Genie has tons of native integrations and can be easily integrated in just a few clicks with over 4,000 applications using Zapier
- Foxit eSign aka eSign Genie ensures all documents are kept secure through dynamic encryption and the use of cloud servers in trusted US data centers.
- Foxit eSign aka eSign Genie helps companies conduct business their way by providing an easy-to-use, workflow-based user interface that allows for a more customized experience.
- Foxit eSign aka eSign Genie ensures customers are supported on their schedule with experts available 24/7 through phone, chat, and email.